27 October 2006

Knowing El

Do you remember the first time we met, El?
I do. I was sorting out a few books as I sensed someone's eyes. Turned around and caught yours. Ha. Deep eyes, I called you.
You smiled, awkwardly.

Then we just sat there.
Two people pathetically attached to bad memories,
watching city lights.
Memories hurt, you said.
Lies hurt, I said.

And there was the silence.
I always love silence.
City lights kept our silence.

Angel sat in between: say something, ask something
I said: I don't want to share my past
You said: I don't want to share my future
Angel sat in between: say something, ask something
Today, today

And we sang together to the angel

We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Coz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow


Yeah, my dear El, let's take it slow.
Memories hurt. Your memories hurt me.
I wonder how come? I'm not even included.
Yet, I swim down your memories.
Pages to pages. More pages, more aches.
I wonder how come? I'm not even included.

Don't, you curbed. Truth hurts, you said.
O, El... my dear El, I'd rather knowing the truth than being lied to.
Truth hurts, again you said. But I didn't hear you this time.
My life already hurts. How bad can it be?

And I swim down your memories.
I swim down the inner you.
Pages to pages. Aches to aches.
Swimming swimming swimming, with a mermaid's song

What is there to know?
All this is what it is
You and me alone
Sheer simplicity



***



And the evening theme songs were repeatedly played in my head,
Ordinary People and Know-how, over a week or more.
Arggghhh!!! Get out John Legend! Get out King of Convenience!
Get out, El!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home