03 November 2010

to love

It’s early in a lovely morning, and I say to my lovely Ayra, “Hey, you know what? I think it’s only when you are young and stupid that you do fall in love. I mean, really really fall in love. But when you’ve grown yourself into a naturally wise adult, that is when you’re no longer quoting other people’s love quotes and instead manage to make your own good original ones by experience, all there is to know is simply to love, without necessarily falling. Just to love someone, or something, or even nothingness, whatsoever. To love wholeheartedly for the sake of love itself, and that’s all. When you’ve grown up, there’s no need to fall anymore. You just love, and that’s suffice. Isn’t it nice?”

My lovely Ayra doesn’t say a word. She just sits next to me on our porch, elegantly sipping her morning cup of green tea, all calm and peaceful. Then she smiles at me, the nicest smile I’ve ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home